View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2023, 03:45 AM   #28
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well that was last year now, and it was very hard on people here. several big ranches were hit, and they lost everything but the cows.... much of the equipment is totally destroyied too ....brings tears to my eyes to see that !
those guys fight tooth and nail to keep the swathers running so they can cut hay and bail it.... one rancher drove his swather out into a green feild and saved it but his bailer was not so fortunate, nor was his house...
he now has a 5th wheel to live in and is fighting the burned off fence posts to keep the cows in..... on our way to town one day I saw 20 something cows on the road and one guy on a quad trying to get them in the field with about half the fence post burned off... so I stopped and hopped out and helped him herd the cows into the pen again.... it took about 15 minutes.... they were wanting to explore that paved road... and we didn't want them to do that.... they finally got the idea and went back but they were adamant about getting down that road..... LOL
Strange things can be noticed as well.... One guys house burned down completely but his garage survived.... not 30 feet away... he hasn't been back yet
I have a feeling most of the insurance companies are trying to wiggle out from under paying by saying it was an act of god or other excuses... that is why no new construction has started yet.
that fire started at a un used storage building at the Mill.... hense the name the "MILL FIRE"..... and the Mill has already assured all the home owners
that they will pay for the damages.... that has got to be one big chunk of change ! half of the town works at the Mill it's really the only big business here. but some how I think they are going to be drug through the coals for that.... not that it was totally their fault.... a forest fire is a forest fire....
but they did Cause it to happen.... if there was no wind nothing else would have burned down.... but mother nature wasn't being nice that day.
I find it totally unfair to make one person pay for the devistation a fire will bring when they didn't do it on purpose it was bad for them as well....
but that is not how the people involved see it.... haing them from the yard arm ! off with their heads ! they want vengance.... you did that to ME, and they did not... the fire did ! ....
I think Humanity has a long way to go yet. !
Bob.