View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

2009 Cal24 Rally Announcement

The 2009 Cal24 Rally has just been announced by Tom Melchild:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Melchild
The 2009 Cal24 Rally will be held in San Jose, CA on the weekend of June 12th-14th. The exact location will be given to riders in the Rally Pack when their paid entry is received.

The Rally will once again be a fundraiser for Polio Plus, part of Rotary International. A big thanks to Bob Mutchler for all his support of the Rally. The minimum donations stay the same at $50 for a individual, and $100 for a couple. This is a great organization and the Cal24 is happy to be of help to them.

Fees for this Rally are up slightly from last year. The reason for this is that we have a much better place for the banquet, and it is more expensive than previous years. I think everyone will be happy with the new place.

Mark Crane is still the Rallymaster, and in the Cal24 tradition we will be doing things a little different again. Riders will, as always, be going on some of the greatest roads in California, Nevada, and Oregon. We just have some more fun things to do and see along the way.

I will see everyone in June!

Tom Melchild
President
Cal24
All pertinent info can be found at www.cal24.com. If you check out that site, you might see a striking similarity to www.ninjette.org. Seems they hired the same crappy webmaster, at the same rate ($0). I don't know if there are many long-distance rally junkies on this ninjette board yet, but maybe one or two will crawl out of the woodwork over time. The Cal24 is a 24-hr rally, where the riders will put on well over 1000 miles over that time period, chasing bonuses all over California and likely some neighboring states. I've done 5 of them so far, finished in the top-10 twice, just out of the top-10 twice more, but I'd really like to get a top-5 one of these years.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote