View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2017, 09:33 AM   #782
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
@snot - Yes, I was there. In fact... I was the coach of the group of many of those pics in the linked thread.

I am the coach in this shot.

I was arrived at the track @ 3:00pm on Sun. and didn't leave the track until 7:00pm on Wed. WHAT A RUSH!!!

Here is a highlight of the 4 days.

Sun. - Twilight after new fork seals and fork springs upgraded. Ran 1 session and half another. Front end not right, started taking it apart and moved entire pit setup from middle paddock to garage. Was hot and I was tired so didn't sweat only riding a little bit with 3 more days ahead.

Sorta frustrated bedtime was about 1am.

Mon. - Coached N group (the guys pictured in the linked thread) and above. They were a great group and stuck with me the entire day. Made amazing progress throughout the day. I believe I had just as much fun coaching and riding with them as they did riding and having a good time throughout the day. My bike was still down waiting on fork parts, so another buddy saves my day buy allowing me to ride his B bike. Gixxer 750. That is why I am not on my r6 in the photos. Bike problems aside, it was one of the most fun days I have had coaching. You just can't beat good groups of riders that embrace the "school" part of the day, take the time to learn and apply new skills to make them better and SAFER riders. Props to them....

Awesome bullsh*t session at garage 26 until 2am! Finally hit the sack after that.

Oh! Ran outta gas on the 750! lol! Hauled to paddock by safety, trip #1. I blame riding during an eclipse.

Tues. - Was given a "free day" by the track. Spent most of the day helping other riders, bullsh*tting in the garages with friends and when the fork parts arrived (overnight) I put my bike back together. Rode a few sessions on the 750 again, was offered a 2014 rsv4 to take out for a session (which I did) and WOW!!!!, rode a bmw 1k rr and a 2016 gsxr 1k to finish out the day of being lazy, laughing with friends and fixing my bike. My bike was riding like a champ after repairs and tweaking suspension!!!

Bing Wu (friend) grilled up some chinese bbq on the grill. It was like crack. He brought 8lbs and we ate it all!!! As fast as he could pull if off the grill. My pit area feed 10 riders and 3 coaches. I brought freshly picked corn on the cob and tomatoes from my garden and we had a variety of sides to go along.

After another hot day... hit the cot for some sleep at midnight. Slept like a rock.

Wed. - Lead novice instructor for the day and.... r6 blew the chain at 125mph down the back straight. Lucky to not have gone down and with only minimal damage. Hauled to paddock by safety, trip #2.

More friends saved the day buy giving me a bike to ride and CUTTING the chain out of my bike and giving me a new one to install during lunch. Special thanks to friends fixing your bike while you help other riders. I guess it really does come back to you when you give to others without expectation.

Anyway... NO novice crashes for the entire day, I had another great group, finished the day on my r6, rode the scooter around waving bye to everyone and was the last to leave. AGAIN....

Drive home was uneventful, thankfully.

Sadly, because of all my issues... I didn't get many pics. I will upload some after I get some rest and unload the trailer and unload my brain.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.