View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2018, 12:04 PM   #65
jp8484
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

update

weather isn't great but finally warm enough to get some work done on the bike.

Thought I'd start with the easiest and possibly the most anticipated upgrade (for me anyway)

R6 throttle tube upgrade! tube is not from Yamaha but Motion Pro brand.. bought for 12 bucks at local shop. Only mod needed was to cut the end cap off. Helps to have motorcycle DIY shop near my place.

Cables remounted and forgot about the hole on the bar.. but remembered after trying to fit the case back on and wondering why it's not closing/fitting properly..

How it looked last night. Had to ride to local motorcycle shop to buy a new grip like this in rain.. haha. Couldn't get the stock grip off the old tube.. figured I might as well get something new.

Most difficult part of the whole upgrade was getting the bar ends off. Thanks Red locktite.. good thing the shop had a heat gun.

Also for anyone else thinking about doing this upgrade, I'd say it's totally worth it. Not having to break my wrist trying to open up throttle is great.
I got a new grip on now but forgot to take pix.. I'll include later with more updates.

** local shop told me to use hair spray to get the new grip on the tube.. it may sound silly but that did the trick.. easy slip on with bit of force
jp8484 is offline   Reply With Quote