View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2020, 10:39 AM   #5
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjed View Post
Danno, thank you for the detailed reply! What you describe is logically the right way to troubleshoot this. I did start with the bike I didn't know the history on and didn't really have it running perfect in stock form. I did the exact same mods with my previous newgen 250 track bike but with a Tyga...that all worked great but I had months of riding it stock and it ran perfectly. Well, we all know what happens when you assume...

Thanks Jay for your input as well. I do have a set of extra set of bone stock carbs for a newgen that I know work great and before I go back to logical square 1, I'm going to swap the jet kit over to that set and give it a shot.
I might put that set on, as is, and see what you get before swapping jets.

Danno would know better, but I didn't think it would run terrible with the stock jetting and your set-up. Not perfect, but decent. You could also just put the snorkel and stock air filter in while you are at it for testing purposes - if you wanted to get closer to Square 1.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote