View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2021, 04:45 PM   #16
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjed View Post
Original carbs are back on the bike, set to stock with mixture screw setting 2 1/2 left and 1 3/4 which I assume is correct. The only thing that's different from pre-jet kit are the new plugs.
Well, darn... Something detrimental happened during all those upgrades. Restoring to previous configuration didn't reverse whatever that step was... hmmm...

1. air & compression - not likely that changed so suddenly. Unless it sucked in sock used to cover intake-ports when carbs were off.
- PAIR vacuum-hose connected between PAIR-valve and rubber-T to carb vacuum-port?
- PAIR air-hose connected to air-box?

2. spark -you've confirmed you've got spark with new plugs, so we can rule out ignition issues

3. fuel - is only thing left. Whatever changed from stock to cause this issue occurred previously during upgrades install. And assuming stock jets and parts are OK going back in... there must be something non-stock with carbs that was not there before jet-kit install.... Well, might even be something when installing other upgrades, but I'm going to assume for now that it's carb-related.

Putting my race-bike back together now... keep this on back-burner while I handle parts...

BTW - did you ever swap in spare-carbs when bike was still in upgraded config?
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote