View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2022, 11:46 AM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgss77 View Post
That is most disappointing. I encourage giving the customer base an option, which in this case people who want to keep an internal combustion powersport will have to exercise the option to bring their business elsewhere.
Totally agree. I wouldn’t want to ride cross country on an electric bike. I strongly feel that the future should include both.

My brother recently totaled his Chevy Volt. He was displaced by an EF4 tornado last year and could no longer charge at home, so thankfully it still had a gasoline engine too. The same tornado carried off my Corolla and left it crushed under a tree, so I got an electric scooter that fits in the hatch and helps us make use of free public chargers for his Volt: Park, plug, pop the hatch, and ride off on the scooter.

I had to use it to commute all the way to work multiple times* and soon realized the personal electric vehicles like scooters and eBikes were the more realistic way to “go electric” with gas vehicles being reserved for rainy days and longer trips.

*including today. Unfortunately, he totaled his Volt last week.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote