View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #24
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honko View Post
My mom hasn't spoken a word to me since I bought mine a little over a month and a half ago
So, if God forbid, something should happen to you, or worse, how will she feel then? I don't understand that.

I am a parent. I have a daddy's girl. It is her life and while I am obviously still giving her plenty of guidance and telling her what she can and can't do, being that she is still under legal age and in my care, one day she will grow up. She will make choices that do not please me, as I made choices that did not please my parents. That is life.

I hope your mom comes around, sooner than later. Life is too short. I had a falling out with my father for no good reason when I was much younger. Thankfully, it has been resolved. But I didn't speak to him for years. We lost a lot of time. I hope that does not happen to you.

Make sure you let your mom know you are wearing gear and riding carefully. Be sure to tell her you have (or will) take a safety course. Bring her information that shows how so many other things we do, and take for granted can be just as dangerous as riding. Good luck.