View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2015, 06:03 AM   #1
cgborders
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Road star bagger, KZ400 bobber, kz305 cafe racer, '94 ninja 250 cafe project, vfr750

Start of new Project- Budget Cafe Build

So its been a while since I've been on here. But I couldn't stay away from the draw of the little 250s. So now I'm back into the ninjette world. I have this problem that I can't leave anything stock, so my most recent project is going under the knife. Building a cafe racer (nothing original, I know, lot of these being built). I've built a few other cafes in the past but they've all been vintage bikes- CB750, KZ400, KZ550, KZ305 (still a work in progress).

I've wanted to build one out of a modern bike; a budget 250 sounds like great place to start.

Back-story: I picked up a pair of 2007 Ninja 250s. Both were low miles bike, and both parked in late 2008, no keys on either, not running, one had been laid down lightly.
After beginning to tear into them to see what I actually had I developed my plan- rebuild the nicer of the two and sell it to fund the second as a project. So new tires, forks rebuilt, tank sealed, fluids changed, plgs, carbs rebuilt, lots of elbow grease, etc the first was finished and sold.

Current Build:
Now its time to start the fun one- The cafe (still waiting on a name for this one)
Mechanics squared away: forks rebuilt, new tires, chain, bearing repacked, brakes flushed, coolant flush, plugs, filter, carbs cleaned/ jetted/ synced, etc. Test drive. then strip it back down to start modifications.

I'll get more pics as it moves along but here is very rough mock-up to get idea of where we are going.

On a side note- I'm selling all the extras off this build to fund it (I'll post in for sale section, I just don't have high enough post count yet).
Selling: seat (x2), all fairings (main and front fender cracked), tail light, grab bar, headlight, seat latch, helmet lock, mirrors
cgborders is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.