Old August 28th, 2015, 10:01 AM   #21
spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Pretty much any overheated, idiotic absolutist "debate" that isn't worth my time.
What constitutes a waste of time:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
It is all about the attitude of the persons discussing a subject or asking a question.

I bite my tongue when I feel that people don't want to hear what I have to say; reason for which it will not be of any help.

Sometimes, having the best intentions, we try helping a new rider with a simple problem.
Then, someone expects you to be an expert on the subject or to use the exact words.

Other times, that rider even makes no effort to provide accurate information or prompt feed-back: time for me to keep quiet.

and this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Repeating myself. Online or IRL, I'm finding if I say something two or three times, I'll stop talking after that. Especially if I get the sense I am not being heard.

Topics over my head. I used to try answering from experience, or call in the wiser person, but meh, pretty much given up unless I really know what I am saying.

Religion, politics, rights, etc. Not worth it.

Boredom or laziness, even if I know the topic, have an interest in it, or whatever, if I'm bored or lazy that day I won't say anything. This is happening a lot lately.
One of example of a comment which resulted in composed response > deleted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
No need to campaign for this. It's already pretty much the most innately privileged demographic in the US.

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.