View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2015, 01:11 PM   #1
JayJay
ninjette.org member

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Question Chain & Sprocket?

I'm confused, and worried.
I have a '12 250. Recently, probabbly right around 1k miles ago, i put him in the shop, got new tires, had a new sprocket and new chain put on and all was well. We had to do a little adjusting because we were riding crooked for a bit, but we got it handled and everything was torqued tight and all was well again.

Rode about 5-600 miles, then tightened the chain, like normal. All was STILL well.
I rode him to work yesterday. noticed i heard what sounded like the chain jump ONCE on my way to work, didn't think anything of it because we have a rocky road, i figured it was a rock hitting something, rode fine. Rode home, round trip about 75 miles. Heard the chain making racket on the way in. So when i got home my boyfriend and i checked it out. The chain was EXTREMELY loose. He says like loose to the point of it not being able to be tightened. We looked on the chain, at every link, for any marks or signs of stretching or anything abnormal. nothing was off.

Can someone help?? I'm at a loss. and terribly sad that i can't ride my bike in the gorgeous weather.

Also, sorry for the ridiculous long post, just wanted to include as much as possible.
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote