View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:07 PM   #38
Terraninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Tez

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Bike is dead standard.
To summarize, I am stuck, short on time.
My next move is to either correctly compression test and diagnose loss of compression on cylinder no1 or remove the rocker cover to see if it is something like a broken rocker or valve adjustment.
I really am leaning towards a piston problem seeing as the cylinder built enough pressure up to blow the test oil out the drain hole.
Reasons being, no legible compression felt with finger on dry test (as opposed to cyl no2) and the wad of paper and oil building enough pressure on a wet test to not blow any out the inlet port.
Thirdly, when the motor is running the cylinder no1 exhaust pipe is cooler that cylinder no2 exhaust pipe.
Lastly, there is no indication that there is any back fire thru the carby when it is running.

The bike will run/ride fine on cylinder no2 flat out.
Sure, the idle will hang around 3000rpm at times and the bike will stall if you try take off on the friction point at idle but all these are easily overcome to ride the bike, without fault from a full tank to empty.
No over heating, no problem, not a noise nor a sound, I would not feel there would be anything to stop me riding a 500km round trip somewhere.

I am afraid, without the correct fitting compression tester and without the time yet to remove the rocker cover I am only guessing.
Terraninja is offline   Reply With Quote