Old March 5th, 2018, 11:29 AM   #3
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
I have made good progress in getting my $400 dollar 2006 ninja on the road. I completely striped everything off the bike to make it into a bluecollorbobbers.

Then many folks here warned me about air box removal. Plus the guys at Bluecollorbobbers suggested I run the bike for a while to make sure all systems are a go.

Advice taken.

I put a Shinko 712 120/80-16 on the front. The rear tire is almost new, but the date code is 5 years old. It looks good with no cracks.

This past weekend I rang the bike out after putting 50 miles on the new front tire.

I am 6'2 and weigh 190 pounds in street clothes. At 14,000 rpms the speedo was just a little over 100 mph indicated. I was not in a full tuck. I have been surprised about well this little thing pulls. A big fat front tire, I was probably 215 pounds with leather and boots, no fairings, I am happy the way the bike pulls, no hiccups at any point in the rpm range.

Right now my only problem is the smell of gasoline. I can't find any leaks. It is strong at the gas cap. I had the thing apart, rubber seal looks perfect, no corrosion on the 4 springs, but still a strong smell. I guess it is still not sealing right.
they is several how to’s on gas cap maintenance. just put a slingshot cap and your all done.