View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2018, 09:35 AM   #1
Bluberryrain
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Retired the Ninja for a Ducati SuperSport

Hi Guys!

I haven't logged in here for a while, but I thought of the Forums today and wanted to stop in.

After a few good years with the ninjette, I've retired it for a Ducati SuperSport. The ninjette just didn't have enough power to maintain freeway speeds while going up a sharp incline. I recently bought a house and moved, but this means my commute is now going uphill both ways. The ninjette wasn't able to go above ~70mph indicated (like 65 actual), and thus people end up swerving around me. Plus, they are doing a ****load of construction on the freeway, and the roads are bumpy, grooved, uneven, and to top it off, there are drainage grates they installed and they result in a pretty good blow to the suspension. The ninjette suspension takes it pretty good, but nowhere near the level of the ducati w/ ohlins.

Plus, the ducati has Traction Control, ABS, and dual disc brembo brakes. It's a sweet bike, and I'm loving riding it.

I still have the ninjette. I'm going to fix it up for either my wife to learn to ride (She says she wants to learn, and go on rides with me, but we'll see ) or my kid when she gets old enough. So, I'll still be around every now and then when I can't get something put back together, and have to ask Hernan for help.

Here's the ducati:

Bluberryrain is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.