Thread: mid-size bikes
View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2015, 10:18 PM   #22
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
The street triple would be much better than the daytona 675 unless you're riding track. The daytona is an amazing but focused machine as is the street triple, for street riding the street triple is the clear winner in every way from comfort to convenience and they even do fantastically on the track as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
In previous posts the duke was mentioned.

The 390 is veryyy attractive. How does it really compare with the ninja 250? I know I sound pretty clueless and helpless, but work internet sucks.
The 390 is an amazing and fantastic bike, I've come across and raced against several at the track, granted the majority of those were the motoamerica cup bikes. It has more power than the ninja 300, handles better than the ninja 300, has better brakes, and is fairly comfortable having sat on one. KTM really did a great job on the bike from a performance standpoint. As for reliability and functionality I do not know, but there are many bikes you could get that are not as comfortable or practical. I would very strongly consider getting one as my next bike if anything happened to my ninja 300 (honestly, I'd probably just get another 300 but the option is there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Here's an alternate idea.

Instead of spending money on a different bike, do several track days... but keep them a deep dark secret. Don't let your boyfriend know.

Learn how to REALLY ride that Ninjette.

Then, one fine day, go for a ride with him. Choose a twisty road where he won't have as much of a horsepower advantage.

Then, when he least expects it.....

POUNCE!!!

I love it