View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2015, 01:30 PM   #4
srt4evah
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Buy a race setup bike with a clean title or salvage title that you can update to "rebuilt" so you can ride on the street. Most of the parts will already be installed and ready to go and it will be cheaper.

And just for the record, the street is no place to explore the limits of traction.
Ah yeah, I know, I'm not planning to put a knee down on the street, but I really felt more comfortable canyon riding quickly on my 250 than I did on the ZX6R. The ZX6R felt heavier, because it is, and it's not really meant to corner at 25-40mph, it's meant to corner at 100-120mph (or more).

The small ninja was more fun for me to ride through the hills than the ZX6R was, but the brakes and suspension on the ZX6R are in a whole other universe. Hence the desire to update those on the 300 I plan to buy.

I thought about getting a salvage title bike, only problem I have with that is when it comes time to sell it will be worth even less. I know it's not an "investment" in any case, so maybe I'll look at some local bike auctions... good suggestion, thanks.
srt4evah is offline   Reply With Quote