View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2017, 03:54 PM   #51
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
Mmm 84 was a good year. I miss this bike, wish I had not sold it. But damn I really wanted one of those fast, new... gulp... 486 computers. Last year I saw a nice one for sale. He wanted $5K for it. The motors are rare because Banshee owners wanted them for the power valve system.

I had the cool seat cowl for mine. Factory pipes, good reeds, port and polish work, some other goodies and a dyno run printed on dot matrix that eventually faded into a yellow piece of paper with nothing on it.

Staying on topic though, definitely not a good beginners bike. It was my third bike after a few years riding.

Today I think a CBR250 is a great bike too. Super cheap on the used market. Thumpers are much harder to snub off the start. I do have a soft spot for thumpers. Got a hard spot for KTM 690 thumpers.
After eight riding seasons with a 1982 Honda FT500 Ascot thumper the only fun I had with it was having people ask me what the hell it was. I wouldn't take 10 for my 07' 250 Ninja.

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0513.jpg (192.5 KB, 4 views)