View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2018, 06:46 PM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
My wife's a leather expert and did an awesome job of cleaning my leathers. I got one set used with questionable history. So she tossed in washing machine and air-dried. Had me hop into it at end when it was still damp. Then rubbed it all over with genuine mink-oil. After couple hours it was dry and I took it off. She made small incision on inside liner for nozzle and sprayed entire inside surface with Lexol Deep Conditioner. Final touch on outside with Leather Honey finished job and it looked brand new! Been very soft and supple year later! ~20 days/yr

Second set leathers was new. Just needed wiping down with cleaner and Leather Honey occasionally. After a year, I'll probably do same washing-machine & mink-oil treatment. ~20 days/yr

Third kangaroo suit I use only for races. It gets occasional wipe down with cleaner and stuff sprayed on. ~15 days/yr

I also make sure I remove suit between each track session and turn arm & legs inside out and lay out on trailer to dry. People are always asking why I'm not riding if I'm at track because most of time, I'm not suited up! Takes me around 2-min and 43-sec to hop into suit, boots, gloves and ready to ride!

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; July 12th, 2018 at 03:10 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.