View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2015, 10:37 AM   #20
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

You underestimate the ignorance of the law enforcement/judicial branch here in Texas. The judge would still find me guilty because by law it's a statutory violation to run the light, and the law has no provision for exceptions to that law. I had a friend once with a KZ1000 that he'd installed a Kirker 4-1 header on. It was somewhat loud. A cop pulled him over and wrote him an expensive ticket for "Exhibition of acceleration", even though the cop was on the other side of a bridge overpass and couldn't even see my buddy. In fact, my buddy had been sitting at a red light when another bike a few blocks away did the actual deed, but my buddy was the first bike the cop saw so he got the ticket. My buddy went to court to fight it and the judge summarily found him guilty.

That ticket was over $500 back in 1982, and my buddy also lost a day's pay going to court over it.

Down here, the cops always win, right or wrong. Always.

Here's an exoneration that is interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Brandley

Be sure to read what the DPS officer said at the time of the arrest. IMHO that case is fairly representative of the law enforcement/judicial culture down here.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.