Old June 10th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #20
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

copied from my oops thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
Didn't want to threadjack the fender mod post anymore, but thought sharing these pics might help a little for new riders who may sadly find themselves in a similar place of putting their bike back together...

Sadly, no. That was after my little incident.... the impact popped the can right off of the pipe

From another thread - here's the short version

And here's a really blurry pic of where it happened:

The leftmost red arrow is the fence post that I made friends with that day, the other two show where the gravel was, the yellow line shows the yellow line, and I'm not sure what the red line was, though between the red and yellow, you can see where the gravel was stripped to leave only tar. What was kind of humorous to me was that when we went to take that picture, my husband's car couldn't keep traction to get out of there either, and his tires spun and then grabbed pretty roughly....

That was in the repair stage - there are before pics here.

A couple of the better ones are below, along with some of the repaired pics.

And we can't forget the damage to me

(the swelling the day after)

(that one was 2 days later, shows the tone of the bruising a bit better though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
noche... not to add insult to injury, but could you comment on leg protection that you were wearing at the time of the "oops"? Glad to hear the knees have been recently given an improved prognosis that was previously diagnosed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
Don't mind at all - that's why I posted it up, so that folks could see and learn from it. I will likely copy the story over as well at some point in the future.

The gear I was wearing at the time can be seen here - this was a silly pic we took while waiting for the bike to finally come in...

Which can all be found in the What's in your closet thread, along with more recent gear....

Pants
Joe Rocket Cleo
http://www.newenough.com/protective_...cle_pants.html

Pants were Joe Rocket Cleo - held up beautifully - only problem was that they didn't have any armor on the inside of my knee where it got hit. I still don't know if it was the fence or the bike that got me, I only know that a very large-force blow to the inside of my knee caused me to tear my LCL (the ligament on the outside of the knee - lateral collateral ligament) and my meniscus... the swelling is from that damage, the bruising is mostly from the impact. I honestly believe that it wold have been MUCH worse if I hadn't had the knee armor, as it helped quite a bit in keeping my knee where it should be - it wasn't until I was trying to remove my riding pants that I realized the extent of the damage. I had even tried to pick her up using the 'back-up' method, but as she was nearly upside down in a ditch, that didn't work!

These two pics from New Enough show the armor in them:

The only scratch on my body came from the failure of the Scorpion Cool Hand Mesh gloves that I was wearing. Still love them for comfort, but not so much for protection.

And here are more pictures of my injuries

I have since gotten a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic textile pants that don't have the hip protection, but I think will do better than the mesh... possibly...

http://www.newenough.com/protective_...cle_pants.html