View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #26
Redaeon
ninjette.org newbie

Name: M

Motorcycle(s): 2008 kawi ninja 250 (ebony)

I crashed going at a pretty good clip about 2 months ago. I was wearing Alpinestars youth Reflex knee/shin guards and jeans on that day...My helmet, jacket, gloves, and boots took a pretty good beating that day. My left knee/shin guard shifted during the crash, and I took the edge of the tank to the side of my knee. I was on crutches for 2 weeks, and had to go to physical therapy and get an mri..The ortho surgeon said I just had a serious sprain after the mri results came back...but for weeks I was freaked out because I was told at the ER that I may have torn something, and probably needed surgery. I was bruised from mid-thigh to mid-shin, and my knee was huge.
So, I definitely recommend wearing full knee/shin protection, and to make sure that they have a strap above the knee so that they do not shift in a crash. I also have since purchased another of the same bike (other one totaled), Scorpion Savannah pants, and EVS SC05 Knee/shin guards...but if it wasn't for my other knee guards, I would have rash.
Redaeon is offline   Reply With Quote