View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2016, 10:22 AM   #65
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Drivers annoy other drivers. And drivers are annoyed by other drivers. It's almost a necessary conclusion as roads continue to get more crowded. Safety is a good idea to have as top priority, courtesy is up there as well, and all of that is in alignment trying to limit the annoyance we cause to others, and hoping there is less headed our way as well.

What I've always felt as the courteous (and safe, and least stressful) way to drive is to not impose my will on other cars, hoping to directly influence their behavior in some way. If someone is going faster than me, if I have a way to easily let them pass without significantly affecting their speed/path or mine, I should do so. If I am traveling faster than someone else, I'd want to find my way past without forcing other drivers to speed up, slow down, change path. The more crowded the roads are, the less possible it is to implement it fully; traffic in general is going to keep everyone from driving the speeds they prefer in the lane they prefer with the following distance they prefer.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)