View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2020, 10:54 PM   #5
NorthernNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

@DannoXYZ, Thanks for the reply. 40 pounds was about the numbers I came up with too, haven't bothered weighing things so far but I might compare to a stock EX250 and EX500 when done (I have access to both). from my estimates and calculations, if I can make about 60 BHP (I will be doing a port and polish and building of the engine, as well as intake, exhaust, and AFR tuning, so I think 60 isn't unreasonable at all for a healthy engine), that should put me around the 330 bhp/tonne range which is about the same as the ninja 650. Motor mounts, I will deal with. But I have access to a TIG welder at least if I do need to modify. And bodywork, if it ends up slightly flared out like i've seen I will 3D print and colour match an adapter plate. However I will be fabricating an exhaust to try to avoid this.

Engine mounts: This is the first solid advice i've seen/heard on that front so I really appreciate it and will take that into consideration.

Exhaust: I plan on attempting to fabricate a dual exhaust that goes out the right side of the bike, with two cans. I really like that look. I think there will be space to do it since it is a hanging engine. I would like to build an X pipe instead of the 500's "H pipe" style, Where an O2 Bung will be welded into the middle of the X pipe for my wideband. My only concern is placement of the X pipe, I think unfortunately the oil filter may interfere with the design. But I don't mind removing my exhaust to change oil filter, I honestly don't care. Worst case scenario I will build a 2-1 system.

Tach: I'm working on something custom for the gauge cluster to hold my wideband and display everything I want to, so the stock tachometer will not be used anyway

Rad: I was actually hoping I could get away with the 250 rad. Opinions? I will be running an ECT sensor to monitor and if the cooling isn't adequate could add the 500 rad later. But looking at them it really doesn't seem much smaller.
NorthernNinja is offline   Reply With Quote