View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2020, 11:07 PM   #6
NorthernNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

@justanotherone1 Thanks for your support. To answer your question... I'm pretty dumb, that's really about it lol. It would 1000% be cheaper to buy a 500. In this process I actually bought a perfectly running, healthy young 500, and then tore it down to this. ninja.jpg (It was actually cheaper than any crashed parts bike I could find around here and I knew it would be in better shape.) So yes, in every way shape and form it would be easier and cheaper to buy a 500. but a couple reasons: 1, the 250 is prettier. just a bit too slow. The 600's look nice, but insurance is expensive in Ontario. 2, I really needed something motorcycle related to keep me occupied for the very long cold winter here so that I don't go crazy, and I enjoy wrenching. and 3, there's not much for custom bikes around here and I really enjoy experimenting and showing what I can do on my own bike, it gets me customers and lots of other work and allows me to network with some cool people.

@JmcEx2fifty Awesome man! feel free to DM me if you want to swap contact info and if either of us are running into issues or something we can compare notes. The modification never stops for me so i'm not too worried about it ending lol.
NorthernNinja is offline   Reply With Quote