View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2020, 01:51 PM   #35
NorthernNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymod View Post
I got a bunch of stuff from China because my list of stuff I wanted was bigger then my wallet, figured I would see how bad it was and eventually replace with quality as more money was available.. all in all it turned out great, wouldn’t really suggest that route for the average person, but for me I was able to remove most of the “China” out of the parts I received. Example: replace bolts with proper grade, shim or machine the part to work properly, or mix and match with oem parts to get desired results. Some stuff isn’t worth the postage, but some stuff surprised me “Arashi” is one that seems to be trying to make a name for them self’s. got the rotor and rear sets from them but if you get their rear sets make sure you get the ones for the 300 they improved them quite a bit the 250 model would not work till I took the China out of it and it still isn’t perfect but it works
Awesome, thanks for the help and the pictures! I do that a lot too, a lot of the things for this build i've purchased chinese versions of just because I couldn't even source the materials/components as cheap here, then just modify them to fit. Overall looks like a really awesome build! The suspension is the number 1 thing i'm going to have to look into once I finish the engine swap. So i'll probably do some of that stuff once summer comes and I work the bugs out of the drivetrain.
NorthernNinja is offline   Reply With Quote