View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2020, 08:01 PM   #1
Alanclark
ninjette.org newbie

Name: alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki ninja 250

2006 ninja 250 bogged down at high speed and sometimes low speeds

hey everyone so I bought a 2006 ninja 250 about a month ago and it immediately had some issues, initially a wire was off for the spark plug but my buddy fixed it up and it started up fine, we had to drain the gas tank aswell due to pieces of something bouncing around but we got it out. Following that it would die out often at low speeds but was great at high speeds.

I recently got the carburetors cleaned and rebuilt and it was working fine until recently I was on the highway with some buddies and the bike bogged down and eventually died like i ran out of gas but it was full. Since then I added a fuel filter, and ordered a new fuel petcock, and a k&n air filter which hasn't come in yet. I rode it today with the filter and it only bogged down once around 15 to 20 mph and seemed fine on the highway at about 90 but I was only on it for a short period.

I'm going to check tonight after work if there is a vaccum leak of any kind as well. Wondering if anyone could help me out on what might be causing this? Thanks

UPDATE: I was checking out the carbs and had found a major vacuum leak on the airbox boots. I had incorrectly installed the carbs after rebuild and the spring meant to keep it tight wasnt in place.i took them out and get it all nice and snug. I will take it for a spin tomorrow and see if she gets up to top speed again

Update 2: still happening, just as bad, hit the high way and struggled to maintain 70 mph

Last futzed with by Alanclark; September 14th, 2020 at 09:02 AM.
Alanclark is offline   Reply With Quote