View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2020, 11:09 AM   #12
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
A recent experience...received inexpensive copycat carb kits for Yamaha Banshee ATV ...ordered because I needed gaskets/orings but also received main, pilot jets and needles......totally UNMARKED as to sizes. Installing unknown sized tuning components on a guess? No way.
I opted to restore/reuse Mikuni originals.
I could have measured, compared...but an unnecessary process with unmolested, confirmed correct, restored originals in hand. Not worth the gamble, I returned all the unused, unknown kit peripherals to the owner with the explanation.

You can not visually determine comparative tiny jet sizes..and AFA using unmarked? Even if the bike does run ok (but will it?) ...what about the next owner or poor sucker who gets to work on the carbs 5-10 years from now? A future trouble causing guessing game. Advisable to use only OEM marked components....established, marked and known as to size reference and correct application.

FWIW...YMMV....my .02
Thank you, sir. One of your similar post made me throw the unmarked brand new ones, coming with the kit into the garbage can. I confirmed mine were OEM and marked as per the spec. Cleaned them all up and so far no regrets as the cycle runs well after my carb cleaning. All the rubber stuff however was replaced with those from the kit.
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote