View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #35
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Well, I doubt you will need to worry about that. Typically they separate the groups by experience levels. So, you would be the slowest/newest riding group. That would help you keep your speeds down. Plus they talk about the track before hand (typically), about braking points, etc. You have a few warm up laps, then you start working on small things.

So the first time out there, you just work on getting to know the track. You aren't out there to break records with your lap times, you simply want to really get to know the track. I mean that at the end of the day, you can close your eyes and see every turn and know what gears you are in around the track. You most likely won't crash the first few times you are out there. It is once you try to brake deeper in a turn, or concentrate on getting faster lap times...that is when your normally wipe out there. Plus at your level, there is a no passing rule if I remember correctly. Well, in the turns or leading to the turns. Around here you can only pass on the straights in the newbie level.

Well then. I might just ride. But it's going to be my last resort. If I can't figure out a way to tow the bike to the track then I will definitely be riding the bike then. I AM going to a track day this summer. Haha.

Harbor Freight has this awesome little 4x8 Trailer for $290 dollars that will haul the ninja perfectly!
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote