View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #65
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

You almost sounds like you're gettin up in my grill....

Quote:
I'm not sure what "it" he's referring to.
I thought the "it" was very obvious.

His use of the english language wasn't too precise, but I could tell from the context of his post that he was refering to the fact that narrow band O2 sensors only sense stoichiometric crossover, so that's the only data-point they can deliver within the entire spectrum of possible air/fuel ratios, while today's wide band O2 sensor controllers can deliver continuously sensed air/fuel ratio from 0 percent O2 all the way to 21 percent (atmospheric content).

Quote:
Also, You should note that your numbers refer to naturally aspirated engines. Forced induction engines require richer numbers, unless you run E85.
Are you talking to me?

Why on earth are you even bringing up forced induction or E85? Is this still a Ninja 250 website? I'm pretty sure the EX-250 isn't an E85 vehicle, and as for forced induction aren't we all aware of the train wreck of a thread currently in progress on this exact same sub-forum titled "turbo / turbocharger / turbocharging." Nuff said about that, right?

Yes, I'm aware that different fuel types have different stoichiometric ratios. For example: E85 is 9.87:1, propane 15.7:1, methanol 6.47:1, LPG 15.5:1, and so on.... But how does that apply to a pump-gas burning EX-250?
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote