Old March 30th, 2015, 11:30 AM   #31
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
So... you're gonna ride on gravel/dirt roads with sticky street tires?
Correct. Since I'll probably ride dirt roads less than 2x a year, I would stick with sticky street tires since I'll be riding on the street 99% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
I confess that I don't know squat about dual-sports because they're just not my thing. I thought that to do both on and off-road you'd want compromise tires, not street tires.

So great for loose surfaces, but what about the other 99% of riding? Acceptable sure, but as good as real street tires that'd suck on a gravel road?
You hit the nail right on the head. That's why I'm not willing to compromise. Not willing to get tires like they put on the Ducati Scrambler since it'll be riding on asphalt all the time.

During times I do hit some unpaved roads, I'll enjoy the suspension doing its thing. I've ridden my 250 on unpaved roads before (1/4 mile long) and it's not that much fun....especially when you hit uneven ruts accidentally. I'm hoping the supermoto will handle that with its long suspension travel.

I actually thought about getting the Ducati Scrambler....but it'll have to be my only bike and I'm just not willing to give up both my 250 & 300 for it.
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote