View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:09 AM   #145
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21-30 View Post
But you haven't determined for sure that it's the CDI. You're in the absolutely BEST position (owning 2 post gen bikes) to test the CDIs (swap them from each bike).

Besides, you stated here that you going to try something else first:
As for the plug and play harness.... Yeah I'm not ready to swap to a 88-94 CDI. I came across a deal that would be perfect just to grab up and have on hand. To me that would be the perfect position to be in being I'd have one bike that I know at least has the varying RPM issue along with the odd shut down problem, and one bike with no known issues, and the part that is supposed to fix any CDI issue.

I'm not ready for that though. I would be interested to know if one of you guys would consider a plug-n-play harness though for my own knowledge.

What I want to do first is fill the troubled bike back up with fuel which is the only varible that is not identical when I had the problem. I'll do this first before moving to any others step. Next will be the least expensive option for me and prolly the best for the group and that is to make the CDI swap from one bike to the other.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote