View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2014, 10:46 AM   #12
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo 1 View Post
This is where I stopped reading. Let me guess, some guy pulled out in your path and you crashed or braked too hard and crashed?

Reason why I never lane split. Yes, it's a hassle having to wait along with everyone else, but at least I won't get my head split open.

Judging by the fact you're posting your experience, I'm sure you are ok/almost ok. Glad to hear you're alive.
People say the same **** about motorcycling in general. It's all about doing it responsibly and mitigating the risks. I've easily done a many times more miles than that with plenty of lane splitting in the crazy Bay Area traffic and never crashed. I don't even recall many close calls simply because I ride in a way that leaves enough room to deal with "unexpected" drivers without needing emergency maneuvers.

Hell, I've been lane splitting in my commute almost daily without even a horn or working high beams for 3 or 4 months now and found that I haven't needed them at all to keep me safe. In the few instances where I found myself wanting to use the horn, it would've solely been to make me feel better after the fact and wouldn't have changed the situation because I would have already dealt with it in the way I was riding.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.