View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2016, 07:27 PM   #15
sparklenation
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninjette ex 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Good information, thanks Carol. It's too bad that to get information from all three sources, you're out about $70. If you're shopping for a vehicle and have several candidates, it could get expensive.

How would you rate the three, best worst, and in the middle?

Edit: It looks like for my state it's $1 for a vehicle report, or $14 if I want the report to be officially certified. So for my own use, it's only a buck for the state version.
OMG, was just typing my response and almost done with it and blam page goes forward or something all that typing gone. ugggghhh

Anyway, I am quite certain the NMVITS contains the most info, all of the banks we work with require that the customer sign each page of the report before they will fund a deal. They could care less about the other two.
carfax, and the other one, drawing a blank there. Still annoyed about the loss of so much typing a second ago.

National Motor Vehicle Title Information System

The National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) is a program of the U.S. Department of Justice intended to keep and protect consumers from fraud and unsafe vehicles. AAMVA (American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators) operates the system now.[1] Federal Law has mandated businesses and agencies such as Insurance Carriers, State Motor Vehicle Tilting Agencies, Auto Recyclers and Junk/Salvage Yards to regularly report to NMVTIS. NMVTIS refers the public to a list of approved private vendors who sell vehicle reports from the NMVTIS database.[2]

Source: Wikipedia
NMVTIS contains title information from states as well as information from insurance carriers, auto recyclers and junk and salvage yards, including over 75 million salvage or total loss records. As of 2014, 96% of US DMV data is represented in the system. NMVTIS offers consumer access to vehicle history information such as a vehicle's current state of title and title issue dates, previous states of title, odometer readings recorded at the time of title issuance, as well as title brands and junk, salvage and total loss records.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_history_report

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.