View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2016, 01:45 AM   #41
sparklenation
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninjette ex 250

Thumbs up

Once upon a time, when I was 20 I was in college, more for social reasons I think. Of course, I knew everything, my parents were idiots to even suggest that I might not have a clue!!!! And I made sure to tell them that.

Moved out at about 18 because of course, they knew nothing and anything they ever said might as well of been a terrorist threat in which I would surely react by doing the exact opposite.

Left college when I married a person who fascinated me though I don't know why. He has the IQ of a door knob.

After that great idea, I finally decided that everything had to change, so I changed it.

In retrospect, I absolutely put all time and energy into battling my parents. Why they did not kill me is still a question I ask my dad to this day. Mom is not here so I can't ask her.

My parents are phenomenal people, we did not want or need for anything.

Moral of my story........

Shut up and listen. Observe, and learn. Take what works and leave what doesn't.

Most important is you understand and cherish your parents, enjoy them, learn from them. Nobody in this world wants better for you than them.

You have no idea what I would give for just 1 more day to be with my mom.

My life is fine now, so Just listen and learn. at 20 NOTHING IS OUT OF REACH.

Sorry for the longness of this response, ( I could have written forever on this question ) Instead you get the highlights.

Oh and read the book ' the power of now' by Eckhart Tolle.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.