View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2021, 07:45 AM   #42
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

I tell you what, I try to live by that standard but there's only so much one can do After screwing around and making these connectors work I'm happy to have a factory-crimped line coming from EB to replace what I was able to piece together. I crimped and soldered it, but I think the combination of my Channellock crimper and my cheapo Weller soldering iron has made for a weak link in an otherwise good charging system. I don't want to rely on that for my brand new stator and r/r to talk with each other. I think I will be investing in a better crimper at minimum moving forward.

At any rate, I did get a test ride in (around the block) yesterday. Voltage never hit 15, it probably topped just a little over 14.5 and bottoms out at 13.4. So it's working. Since it sat for the last couple weeks, it was a little temperamental. I think I'll hit the carbs once more and ensure they're seated well against the intake before I go out for a rip this Friday. I need to finally break this thing in on my local canyon; all I've done on it so far is Palomar. It needs front springs and a rear shock bad, and I can't wait to swap on a set of dirt bars I have sitting in the garage. I'm sick of not being able to go full lock right with those silly stock clip-ons. The only thing holding me back from that is ordering all the cables and a new longer brakeline as that will probably run more $$ than my suspension upgrades combined.

So until I get time this week, she sits in the corner: