View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2022, 06:41 PM   #32
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

All this experience in going super fast I Hope isn't on the streets !
99% of my riding is on the streets now and pushing it to the limit like that just isn't an option.... yes I have ridden like that on the street in the past
No I have never high sided.... I have low sided though due to pea gravel in a corner and going way too fast..... I have locked up the rear wheel on several occasions and had the ass try to pass the front but controled it by slipping the brake on the rear wheel....
don't get me wrong , going fast is really fun ! but it's also dangerous as hell
especially on the street .... take it to the track man !
you know going to town takes 30 minutes in a car but you can do it in 12 minutes on the bike and never cross the white line.... that takes skill and a bit of craziness, but if a deer hops out in front of you you could well be dead
what are you trying to prove ? are you just having fun, or trying to kill yourself? stop trying to go faster.... try to pick the perfect line instead !
and when you come around that blind corner and there is a truck on your side of the road you might survive.... if your going any faster you will not !
my 2 coppers !
Bob.........