View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2022, 01:50 AM   #39
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

seeing as I have 3 riding styles that I use all the time and not just one I think I should explain.... I'm not a Racer ! in fact I'm nowhere near as fast a rider as I used to be.... but I do love the feel of the bike under me in a corner
... Any bike can go fast fast is not the issue.... control is the issue ! and keeping control of the bike in every situation is something your life depends upon..... there are times when hanging off the bike on the left hand side in a left hand turn is perfect , and other times when leaning the bike and keeping your body straight and balanced is the better way. and then there's times when I am just sitting on the back of the bike enjoying the view....in cruising mode ( which is what you see most big road bikes using ,just on the back letting the bike yank them down the road)
....but there is a set of things I do when the unexpected happens....
eyes UP, back straight elbows out ,and balance in check..... some times the last one balance in check is not so easy especially, for a old man ! my balance is NOT what it used to be I couldn't ride a wheelie 10 feet yet alone 150ft any more.... in an emergency I revert to how the Highway patrol rides... keeping your balance in check and leaning the bike... that has never failed me and you can switch to that MODE in a heart-beat the bike does not care.....
so if you find yourself going into a corner too fast that is an option...
but not one to take lightly you need to ride like that quite a bit to get the feel of how it works..... if your not used to it, practice in a parking lot....
it will surprise you at how well it works.... and why the CHP use that method !...
almost everyone out there starts riding like that anyway so it becomes second nature when on a bike.... the hard part is learning the body hanging off style.... it's the same but the body position is all screwed up your still part of the bike in balance ...even more attuned to it , and if you miscalculate then , you really have your hands full.
You need and Old clunker 100cc bike you can drop and not really hurt....
an old beat to hell 100cc bike that looks like hell but has wheels and an engine and does actually ride.... that way you can learn more on a old beater bike in one afternoon than you can be taught in a month of weekends with an instructor !....... and it is FUN !

Bob....