View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2022, 10:04 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Motorcycles and ABS brakes ?

My New RX4 has ABS brakes and so far I've not tried to lock up the tires... so I figured I probably should try it just to see what it does.... glad I did !
i pressed on the rear brake real hard coming up to a stop sign on a back road with no traffic... it went Rrrt for a split second then released and did NOT re apply the braking force in other words it worked once and did not repeat itself !
.....which cannot be right ! i only did that for a 10' section then grabbed the front brake to actually stop me... each time I tried the rear brake to the sliding point it released and that was it...... the brake stopped functioning....
i let up and then it worked again till the sliding point then it quit trying to slow down the bike at all...... that's more dangerous than the wheel sliding ! WTF
I thought it was supposed to slide let the wheel turn a bit and then slide again and let the wheel turn and slide again and so on till your stopped....
that's what cars do.... but this thing doesn't do that it just stops you from sliding the rear wheel by releasing the hydraulic pressure and then your free wheeling..... which is absolutely the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
it assures you will hit that idiot that stopped in front of you
I know some of you guys have ABS on your bikes, if you do does your ABS system work like that ? I am wondering if there is an adjustment that needs to be made to make it work properly or not... I asked CSC about it but I haven't got a response yet.
maybe it has to roll alot further than I let it....
as the rear tire only turned about 3/4 a revolution before I let up and hit the brake again....and got the same Rrrt and it was no brake again....
Surely they wouldn't put on a system that disables your brakes when you need them Right ? but it sure looks that way to me !
Comments welcome PLEASE !!!
Bob........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slue Rd.06.jpg (156.1 KB, 0 views)