View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2022, 09:16 AM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I agree Drew !
although I did get a "Modern" machine simply because SOME Technology is a good thing ....but that doesn't mean ALL technology is good, you have to choose what works better for you and what doesn't !
.... and I have to agree with Alex that my test was totally unfair for the bike
but I have to wonder about all the other bike riders like me that grew up riding motorcycles and learned the hard way never to touch that front brake ,,,,their going to get on that bike and ride it like normal and not touch the front brake and in so doing they will do a panic stop with the back brake only and as soon as the rear wheel starts to skid they will be no longer slowing down and hit what ever they were trying to avoid that is a bad situation and there was no warnings at all that that would happen. i only found out because I tested it.
I have been learning to use the front brake sense I have been riding again after my long drought of not riding for 2~3 years ....previous to that I rarely used the front brake at all.... but after seeing so many videos on trail braking
I have begun to use the front brake quite a bit..... but I still forget
which makes me think it may well be safer for me to disable the ABS entirely
just because I ride like an "Old Fart" LOL......
I will re test that ABS on my RX4 for sure.... and post the results here
as this information may well help some "old fart" stay alive !
Bob......