View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2022, 12:33 PM   #16
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Lets just say it was extreamily Memerable ! I was shaking for 5 miles afterword and i was still 15 miles from home !
Well, some one said that both brakes had to be used for the ABS to funtion properly and I just assumed it was you ...Sorry ! LOL
.... but sense the ABS system ...at least on MY BIKE...is indipendant either brake can be used alone and it still funtions as it should.... problem is it is set up way too soft.... once the ABS kicks in you don't have very much stopping power at all..... so yah You will be using both brakes weather you want to or not just to stop... it's a heavy bike at 450lbs and it carries it's weight well and doesn't like to stop easily ... but the brakes are good it will stop you in a short distance for sure .....
I'ed just like it if the ABS was set up quite a bit tighter on the rear brake

....I've been de railed on repairing the clothes line the plastic brackets have gone away on the unbrella like structure and I've had to resort to making the plastic brackets from steel bar flat stock... 1/8"x1.5"x 48" I got one made and am welding up the last one now..... but I need a bunch of 1/4x20x 1.25" bolts and nuts to complete it...so it looks like I may get to rise today to go get the bolts LOL ......
it turned cold again here darn it !
Bob......