View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2022, 07:33 PM   #24
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

that's interesting ! yah for the general public I can see where ABS is a good thing in most cases even if I can stop faster than the abs brakes I would be very reluctant to turn it off simply because I do not use that kind of braking very often..... there was one time however when a car pulled out in front of me and I was doing about 70mph on a back road ( way way too fast for that 45mph road but I loved it) anyway he pulled out without even looking I was watching him... and sure enough he pulled out and I burried both binders to the screaching point and let up slightly and I slowed down enough not to hit him... normially I would have just gone around him and gave him a good scare but there was oncoming traffic that time.... I've never personally had a bike want to stand on the front wheel... kind'a makes me think that bike is defective in the first place if it does that and not skid the front instead but that seems to be the way all bikes are made now ...I don't have a fear of my Triumph standing on it's front wheel at all it's the old design that is heavy and low with it's weight
but these sport bikes ( crotch rockets in picitular) all seem to do nose stands
and that is alarming to me...like guys...the weight is too high ! but they have been making most bikes like that sense the 1980's so it has become the norm and everyone expects it so it's not a problem but there was a time when that didn't happen..... of course those bikes of old did not stop near as fast either their skinny front tire couldn't put enough force into stopping to raise the rear wheel but we don't have that problem today
.... lol the front tire on my Ninja is nearly as wide as the rear tire on my 305 dream I put so many miles on in my younger years.... it's kind'a funny !
.... I've not tried to skid the front tire on the Ninja and I don't think I want to either..... as short as it is I do believe that the rear would come up !!!!
but I should know what that feels like, for sure....
Bob.....