View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2022, 01:19 AM   #26
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

yah wasn't that the RD350 that was a 2 stroke that would wheelie at the blip of the throttle ? those bikes were fun as all get out ! my Dad had one and I had the Kawasaki 350 2 stroke with rotary disk valves I finally got it to keep up with my Dads bike and wheelie at the blip of the throttle but it took some doing that bike was fun ! I loved wheeling away from a stop light ! LOL
but you ain't just a woofing about crummy suspension that ninja out there would eat that old bike alive both in suspension and handling.... that bike handled more like a refrigerator with handle bars than a motorcycle !
you had to force it to corner or do anything actually but it did get up and go !
that thing made me wish for my old 305 dream that's how bad it handled !
then about that time I got ahold of a Kawasaki w1 650cc twin and it handled better than anything I had ever ridden up to that time ,,,it wanted to corner !
but that little ninja out there puts it to shame ! LOL
those were fun times...but they were also very hard times looking back on it !
trying to feed my family on $3.25 and hour and keep a roof over their head too, was not easy... that was minimum wage back then and you were lucky to get that ! ....things have improved alot sense then in that regard but the cost of housing has gone through the roof too so I guess it all evens out,... it's not easy now either !
....later !
Bob.......