View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2022, 07:46 PM   #28
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

OK I took the RX4 out today and found a short patch of gravel so I tested the ABS again
this time the results were completely different than last time...
I hit the rear brake only and noted my stopping speed at the time... hard enough to lock up the rear but of course it only stopped sliding for a split second and it did continue to slow down at the same rate !!!!! a few more tests like that confirmed the same results
it does not let up so much that it freewheels...that was ME letting up I'm almost positive !
..... the other thing I tested today was the ride without the saddle bags and as I expected it is alot Lighter and the center of mass up high is alot less than it was
that bike does indeed have a high center of mass and I guess that is because of the full gas tank of 5+gallons... which is quite high on the bike right now without the saddle bags on it it feels like the COG is about between the bottom of the gas tank and the cylinder head ....at a guess with the saddle bags on and the 30lbs of stuff I always carry with me it's almost certainly at the bottom of the gas tank..... that's pirty High !
the ride..... the ride was disappointing at best ... it still rides like a truck but it is indeed a little softer not much just a little bit !..... it will still try to knock my teeth out on a few bumps on that road but it is a little better ! so I will try to find a spring for it again.
it didn't run very good at first but soon cleared out and was it's pleasant self....
it felt like the choke was left on.... but obviously no choke with the fuel injection
...it's still running so lean at idle it misses every once in a while.... I have resigned myself to that is the way it's going to run...I don't like that but I can't do anything about it ! maybe a resistor after the air temp sensor or something, but nothing concrete as of yet.
so ABS works great, Ride sucks, and seat height is still a bit too tall for me
I can touch flat footed with both feet at a stop, but just barely...another inch lower would be perfect !
at 70mph it is tacking at 5,500 RPM..... and feels a bit buzzy at that speed steeper final drive would really be nice on that bike !
I went down to the lake here and there is no water, it has receded to way down there !
we are at end of summer low-ness at the beginning of summer...... not a good thing at all !!!!!
we hardly got any moisture this winter.... so it looks like the start of another drought !.....
later !
Bob.........