View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2022, 03:38 PM   #58
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead View Post
BTW, the factory manual quotes 272° from 0 to 0 for the 2008-12 cams.
Really? Which page? I was looking for that years ago and couldn't find it.

Then our own Racer_X actually measured with actual hands on those parts and he came up with those specs @ 1,25m lift. I think pre-gen manuals used 1,00mm or less because an earlier version had 290° cams or some insane number.
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...2&postcount=21

Also new-gen intake-cams have 1mm more lift than exhaust. Some people installed intake-cam on exhaust side, but gains are minimal as intake-ports are primary restriction in head.

Yes retarding intake couple degrees should move power-band up. Nice thing about Beet cams is longer duration matches increased lift so you don't have to install stiffer valve-springs. All U.S. made cams are crap, I've never gotten cam from Web or MegaCycle with two lobes that actually matched. I think they're using monkeys in back-yard with sticks & stones to cut these cams. Only one I would trust is custom-grind from Dema Elgin (not the copycat Elgin Industries).

Easy way to port & polish head to remove restrictions along with getting 1mm larger intake-valves is to.... install Ninja 300 head!!!

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; May 23rd, 2022 at 10:22 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote