View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2022, 01:59 AM   #36
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

from what I have been able to determine from my experience on the CSC RX4 with it's ABS brakes is that all braking is normal until the tire skids ...then the ABS kicks in and allows it to turn again when I tested the ABS system on a gravel road using only the rear brake
sliding the rear wheel applied braking to the front... and surprisingly enough my deceleration speed stayed the same as just before the rear wheel locked up (for a split second).
when I used the front wheel only, the rear wheel also engaged....
when I used both neither wheel would skid but for a fraction of a second, but boy does that thing stop fast !
I don't have any fear of the front washing out because the front wheel brake was applied because it keeps it turning...this was a large concern of mine but it does it automatically and faster than I ever could.
.... with the ABS system You can be assured that in a panic stop the wheels will not lock up....you can mash them both to the max and they will not lock up.
which is a bit disconcerting as when I press on the back brake I want that thing to stop
but the back of the bike won't be trying to pass the front either....
I need more miles on this bike before I can actually form an honest to god opinion ... but right now I do think it is better, I've only had one instance where it felt like there was no brakes at all and that was because of me I unconsciously let up off the brake and it did too, I think I continued to slow down quickly but by then I was gauging where to go if it didn't stop... lol ( i only used the rear brake that time)
sense then I have hit my brakes front and rear very hard and had no ill effects
at 20mph that darn bike will stop in 10 feet.... or at least it feels like it ! LOL
I've spent 90% of my riding life sliding the rear tire all over the place I know what it feels like and what to do if it's getting carried away ! and I did that without using the front brake too much.... you can play with the rear wheel all day long but you'd best not mess with that front wheel...... so when I got this little ninja 250R I started trying the trail braking thing and I was really surprised at how much that helps in cornering....
in most cases now I am using my front and back brakes both even when I'm just out riding the back roads...... even on the o'l Triumph....
but I do know that could get me into trouble without ABS..... been there done that too many times on dirt roads.....
Bob.....