Old July 30th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfm View Post
Because as a newbie, I've accidentally shifted into neutral when pulling away from a light a few too many times, and see that car behind me in my mirror getting a little close thinking I'm accelerating.

Also, if I'm stopped at a light and know it's a long light, I can throw it in neutral, and stretch my hands and keep the brake light on the guy behind me can see I'm not going anywhere yet.

Especially if I'm in the far right lane going straight, and the guy behind me wants to turn right.
i would suggest spending the time working on your shifting instead of trying to setup a neutral brake light trigger. maybe adjust your shifter down lower so it's easier to up-shift?

also i would recommend against shifting into neutral at lights... i've been saved by staying in gear more than once when sitting at a light because some idiot isn't paying attention and would have rearended me if i didn't notice them looking down while pulling up full speed... plus its one more thing you have to do when taking off... plus it makes your left hand's fingers wicked strong