View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2019, 04:59 PM   #8293
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
Will do Uncle Bill! Is that a new email? Anyway I’ve only taken the clutch cable off to install the shorty’s so when the time comes to install the new clutch cable, unless I’m in a dire crunch for time I will definitely give you a shout. When I bought Lucy and was going through her servicing paper work it appeared she had 3 clutch cable replacements. So for some reason or another that’s something on my bike in particular that seems to fail a lot. However this is my 3rd summer with her (time flies) and I’ve not yet had to replace it. So I’m wondering if it was more operator with the previous owner?

Anyway sounds like you had a blast! I got Lucy out in March so I’ve been riding a solid 2mo now. Lol
Some days were probably a little too cold but I was so ready. Beer brewing huh? I remember my grandpa doing that when I was a kid. It’s actually a very intricate process!
Hi A.J.

I have NEVER had to replace a clutch cable on any of the 9 motorcycles I've owned - except for the basket cases I rebuilt. When I bought my little 250 in 2017 I almost had to use two hands to pull-in the clutch. None of the previous s.o.bs bothered to lubricate the cable. I lubricated the cable and it's the same one that left Tokyo - no replacement. I lubricate my throttle cable and twist grip also - and my speedometer cable,

Uncle Bill

Last futzed with by Ram Jet; May 17th, 2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote