View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2019, 06:23 AM   #8310
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturncal View Post
I got the cheapest EBC rotors, the EBC contour stainless steel (not floating ones) on the front, and EBC FA197HH sintered pads on the front and rear. I kept the stock rotor on the rear, it's still got tons of meat left. I'm still breaking em in, so I haven't done hard braking with em, but having had the sintered EBC pads on my front before with Galfer SS lines made the brakes feel amazing.

Personally I like having the Galfer SS lines with ebc sintered rear, but I will say they make the rear really sensitive and I can see how if one doesn't practice braking with em they can easily lock the rear up.

How do you like the full floating ones? I use my 250 primarily for city riding and didn't want to drop $300+ on the full floating ones.
I went from stock to EBC/Vesrah, so I can't compare the full vs semi floating. The difference with stock was noticeable, even for me, not the most sensible rider.
I can tell they brake more and the feeling is different. I feel they need to warm up a bit, maybe because of those pads, I don't know. Probably those sintered pads of yours need some warm up time too.
I ride street and track. I don't touch the rear brake on the track, and for the street, stocks are fine for me.

I got the SS lines, but I didn't mount them yet. Hopefully soon.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote