View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:33 PM   #32
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioXa View Post
Hi Guys,

If you can pleae help identify which blue is my Ninja 250 R 2009. I'm not sure and I want to order the rear seat cowel. Thanks in advance for your help.

Julio
In the USA, 2009 is Candy Thunder Blue. Candy Plasma Blue was 2008. CTB also has a silver/gray Ninja logo while CPB has white. There is metallic flake in the CPB paint that isn't there in the CTB. CPB has a dual-layer silver and a blue coat that is obvious with any damage on the fairings, while CTB has only blue paint.

As for the OP: This poll ended up exactly like those magazine polls where people vote for what they have instead of what was truly better. A lot more '09 CTBs were sold because the '08 CPB had a short selling year. It wasn't released until early 2008 and the remaining orders were canceled in July of that year. I'm sure it was because demand justified the higher MSRP because each dealer with a canceled order got ONE early-release 2009 model with the $500 MSRP hike. The early 2009 release shows that they were obviously eager to retool the line with the new colors for what would have been more 2008 models.

Last futzed with by CZroe; January 2nd, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote