View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2019, 01:37 PM   #80
95PGTTech
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Put my spin on this as zip ties aren’t my thing. Small clearances to left rear right rear and front right corners like mentioned here. Cut the loop tab on the back of the hugger off. Notch the front left to SIT IN the ninja swingarm pinch guide not clear it

Cut off ninja oem front left bracket. Install left rear bolt and put hugger in pinch. This gives you location to weld the bracket you just cut off to the right rear (you will need to cut the front of the brake hose bracket a little. Once tacked in make/find a new front right bracket and tack in (I had a bunch of m6 captured nuts from Honda’s from my time working there, I believe they are license plate nuts. Finally go to front left and weld a m6 x 30mm coupler nut to the swingarm (a regular m6 nut doesn’t give enough clearance to the swingarm maybe you could stack 3 regular nuts?).

Finish weld, clean, paint, find two more shoulder bolts and install what now appears factory. You have a little bit of final adjustment ability by bending your brackets and leaving the bolts loose the tabs are slotted a little.
95PGTTech is offline   Reply With Quote